The participation terms aim to ensure the success of the programme, the security as well as the clear agreement between clients and organisers.
1. IN GENERAL
OVERLAND ENTERPRISES LTD company, operating under the name “Greece by cycle”, organises trips and activities by bicycle. Eligible for these programmes is whoever is mentally and physically healthy, agrees in the PARTICIPATION TERMS and fills in and signs the “FINAL REGISTRATION FOR YOUR BIKE TOUR” form, which is sent electronically via e-mail after applying for a registration.
Our responsibility is to accompany you to the trips that we organise with experienced attendants and a support vehicle, wherever this is possible; to ensure compliance with every programme that is analytically described in the information section of every activity. Our liability is limited solely to the above mentioned duties.
Our primary concern is your safe participation in our activities, therefore we provide to the attendants proper training, we set up safety terms and we choose the most suitable conditions for the realisation of every activity. Minimum requirement from your side is your willingness to comply with the instructions. Nevertheless, these activities always bear the risk of a minor or serious accident, even death. Your participation in our activities presupposes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such risk.
We recommend you, without this being a precondition or your obligation, to be insured for our programmes.
Your reservation depends on availability and it is not confirmed until you receive via e-mail a formal confirmation. You are kindly requested not to make any non-changeable travel arrangements until you receive our confirmation.
In order to make a reservation for one of our trips or activities, we need to receive the “FINAL REGISTRATION FOR YOUR BIKE TOUR” form signed (which you receive via e-mail after sending your application); you are also requested to deposit the participation fee in advance, on the date that is stated in the information section of every activity.
4. CANCELLATIONS BY THE CUSTOMER
In case of cancellation by the customer for any reason, the following is applicable:
- Cancellation up to two months before the programme’s start date, or before the payment deadline date as specified in the programme, full refund minus the bank commission.
- Cancellation up to a month before the programme’s start date, or halfway through before the payment deadline date as specified in the programme, 50% refund of participation amount minus the bank commission.
- Cancellation in less than a month before the programme’s start date, or in less than halfway through the payment deadline date as specified in the programme, the whole amount is withheld.
- No-show to the programme without prior notification, the whole amount is withheld.
- Failure to participate in the programme due to third party reasons, like flights cancellation or unsuitable travel documents, is considered as a cancellation.
- Withdrawal during the activity for any reason is not refunded by our company.
5. PROGRAMME CHANGE BY Greece by cycle
Greece by cycle reserves the right to:
- suspend the programme before commencement due to low registration. In this case, we return the whole participation amount that you have deposited, without any other refund.
- modify the programme before commencement due to security reasons and force majeure. Any changes that may occur do not entail any related refund.
- The attendants of Greece by cycle are obliged to keep the programme as configured and according to safety rules. Therefore, it lies in their discretion to modify an ongoing programme due to security reasons and to apply an alternative programme. Any withdrawal of the customer due to non-acceptance of the alternative programme does not constitute a refund reason on account of not provided services.
6. EXCLUSION OF CUSTOMER FROM A PROGRAMME
The attendants of Greece by cycle have the right not to allow anyone of the participants to take part to the whole activity or trip, in the occasion that his/her behaviour jeopardises the group or him/herself, or in case he/she doesn’t comply with the safety instructions of the attendants. His/her forced withdrawal doesn’t constitute a refund reason on account of not provided services.
7. PARTICIPATION OF ASSOCIATIONS OR TEAMS
In case of associations or teams participation, the representative of the team is obliged to fill in the Registration Form of all the members of the team and to inform everybody about the participation conditions, the equipment and what they need to bring with them.
8. PHOTO SHOOT AND FILMING OF THE PARTICIPANTS
During the trips or activities of Greece by cycle, the participants are photographed and filmed in order for the company to use this material for its promotion purposes. In case that some of the participants do not wish to appear in public through this material, must declare this in writing to the company before commencement.